Last month, I gave you a summer-long assignment for your Small Step. If you missed it, you can click here to read it. That means that this month is simply a reminder to keep plugging on: reflect upon what’s working and what isn’t; revamp your goals and strategies and renew your commitment to fitness. I’ve listed some of the tasks and strategies you’ll be working on for the next month and provided you with a link to one of my previous posts that can give you some insight and pointers to help you along:
- Recognize What Doesn’t Work: Laugh, and the World Laughs With You
- Find What Does Work: It’s All About You
- Make Health, Not the Number on the Scale, the Priority: Why Size May Not Matter
- Set Goals: Be SMART With Your Health
- Be Inspired to Commit to Fitness: That Elusive A-ha Fitness Moment
If you’re new to the Small Steps series, you can read about the philosophy and strategies of the series here. Know the Small Steps strategies don’t need to be done in any particular order and are independent of one another. So, you can begin the series with this post, continue throughout the rest of the year and pick up what you missed next year.
Previous Small Steps posts: January’s Portion Control; February’s Plan Ahead; March’s Accentuate the Positives, Eliminate the Negatives; April’s Substitutions; May’s Go Old School; June’s +1; July’s Reflect, Revamp & Renew.
Author’s Note: Always consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program.